Friday, September 17, 2010

Favorite Things Friday

So, I know I probably spend waaaaaay too much time online, but when I come across such great things like what I have listed below, I feel like I can justify it, especially when I share it with all of you. That makes it like service, right? ;)



I've had this pattern from Amy Butler in my stash for awhile, and I'm itching to get started on it. I think these pillows are full of whimsy and fun, and could really liven up a space. You can buy the pattern HERE.


I'm loving these elephant pincushions from Heather Bailey. I have a slight obsession with pincushions, and I think I might have to make a few of these, too. You can find the pattern HERE.


(Image via Omiyage)
I totally ♥ these paper japanese doll bookmarks/whatever you want them to be. I'm always on the look out for pretty bookmarks, and these fit the bill nicely. You can find the tutorial HERE. You should also check out their whole blog HERE, and their shop HERE. Their shop is full of really, really lovely things. They're based in Canada, and for right now, only ship within Canada...except they mention that if you live outside of Canada and really truly can't live without something you see in their shop, contact them, and they'll figure out shipping.


(Image via The Yvestown Blog)
This pillow rocks. You can find a basic how-to HERE. Though, you have to be somewhat familiar with crochet, as it's not a step-by-step pattern.


(Image via yarnlovertn)
I can totally see myself wearing this in the coming months. Stay warm, and look cute - it's a win-win :) You can find the pattern HERE. You can also feel good about your purchase because she donates 10% of all proceeds to LDS Humanitarian Services.


(Image via Design Sponge)
Another one of my obsessions is reading. James (my husband/best friend) shares this obsession and we dream of having a bookcase full of beautifully bound editions of our favorite books. I've been eyeing this line of books by Penguin Classics for quite some time now. You can find them HERE.


(Image via IKEA)
My mom actually told me about about this pendant lamp. She saw it in a magazine, and thought it would be something I'd like. And I do!! I can't wait to have a house to hang this in. You can find it HERE.



(Image via Chadwicks)
And last, but not least, I'm all over this shirt. It's the perfect blend of comfort and femininity. I love Chadwicks. They have a killer clearance section, though their normal prices are usually pretty fair, too. I bought one of my all-time favorite, I'll-cry-when-it-wears-out skirts on clearance from their website a couple of years ago. You should check them out. You can find the shirt HERE.

Well, that's all for this week. I'll have more favorites next Friday, and the Friday after that, and the Friday after that...

If you have any favorites, do share!!

2 comments:

Cynthia Hatch said...

You have a beautiful eye and wonderful skills as a homemaker. I can tell that I will always be jealous of your home.

OMIYAGE said...

thanks for the link to our dolls and the shop! We actually can and do ship to the US. And most of the time (depending on the size of your order) can honour our $5.00 flat rate shipping fee. Simply order through the site!

Cheers,
Marisa
Omiyage.ca
Omiyageblogs.blogspot.com