Monday, September 13, 2010

Christmas Advent Calendar

(Picture from A Feathered Nest)

Today, I'm sharing a link with you for making a super adorable advent calendar. It comes from Abby of A Feathered Nest. I love advent calendars. I think establishing traditions is really important, and this is one that the whole family will love. And, when you're done making it, you'll have created this amazing heirloom, and who doesn't love that? Anyways, I've been dying to do this project since I first saw it a year ago. I'm posting it now because it's a rather large undertaking, and if you want to make one of your own in time for December, you'll probably have to start like NOW. So, all of you please pray that my husband will find a job this week so that I can start on mine, too :)

You can find all the instructions HERE. You'll have to scroll all the way down for the first post, and then work your way up. It's pretty self-explanatory, but all the pictures along the way are sure helpful.

If you make one, I'd love to see pictures of the finished project. I'll be sharing pictures of mine, too - assuming I get to make one this year. :)

1 comment:

Briawna said...

Darn you, Heather. Stop posting adorable stuff. My craft room looks like a tornado hit and I'm trying to finish my fall/Christmas quilts for the etsy shop. I guess this is what I get for spending time blog-stalking instead of cleaning/finishing said projects.