Monday, November 1, 2010

Service Sunday...A Day Late

How is it even possible to get two colds back to back? When my family all came down with colds a couple of days ago, I thought I had just passed on what I had the week before (I'm nice like that). But no, last night I had a massive sinus headache (like a bajillion on the pain scale), a scratchy throat, stuffy/runny nose...argh. My awesome husband rubbed my neck for me, as I was writhing in pain and complaining because the pounding in my head was so bad that I couldn't watch Psych with him on Netflix. He must have hit some sort of pressure point because all of the sudden, my sinuses cleared, the pressure was relieved and my headache was gone. Just. Like. That. Thanks, babe :)

Anyways, the service op this week is with United Way. If you visit their website HERE, you can click on "volunteer" over on the right (big orange button) and it takes you to a page where you can type in your zipcode. Then, it pulls up a list of local oppurtunities. For my area, it pulled up several things, ranging from putting together "kid care packages" for children who have been pulled out of dangerous situations, to volunteering at a local retirement home.

If you don't live in a big enough city, you may not get any hits, but it will list the contact info for your local United Way. You can then contact them and see if they have anything you can help with.

This is a great opportunity to get the whole family involved in service :)

Happy Monday!